View Single Post
Old 2009-03-01, 11:53   Link #51
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Once again, the series being cut down into 100 episodes has not been confirmed. It is just a rumor being spread by many people. Sure the DragonBall Z anime had lots of filler, but to suggest that nearly two-thirds of its content was filler/scenes being prolonged is ridiculous.
The 100 episode-count might not be confirmed, but they have said that they'll cut out the fillers. And seeing how you say that you can't believe that 2/3 of the show was filler... More or less every single episode had tons and tons of filler-scenes, be it "dramatic staring", added fighting or otherwise completely irrelevant added stuff. Two thirds seem just about right to me, though I admit I haven't actually seen ALL of the series. But when you consider the pacing of the manga, (each chapter would take like, a minute to finish most of the time) 100 episodes seem like a pretty good guess. I mean, look at the infamous "five minutes" on Namek, which, if you remove the fillers, might actually BE five minutes long... Ok, more like fifteen, but still, it should be possible to press it all into a single episode if you remove all the unnecessary filler.

That being said, I hope they'll keep the filler-shots and padding in SOME moments. For example, Gohan's transformation towards the end of the Cell-saga was amazing, and I definitely don't want them to change anything about that... Well, except the higher quality audio, but if they replace Unmei no Hi with some other music, I can't possibly imagine the scene being anywhere near as good as it was in Z.