View Single Post
Old 2004-07-08, 09:47   Link #46
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The following is my list of favorite pick-up couples for GONZO titles:

Chrno Crusade Rosette and Chrno. Their relationship is more open and straightforward in the anime. Whereas in the manga it was hinted or foreshadowed. Still remembers those kiss scenes from episodes 14 and 18 and their death scene ala Romeo-Juliet styled from episode 24.

Last Exile Actually I have two different pair ups involving one and the same guy. My first one (and favorite) goes for Claus and Alv(is). They just seem to be a cute, perfect couple together, and besides Claus always played the role from big brother to sempai for Alv(is); Alv(is) is so spontaneously MOE that I can't bring myself than to hug her.
Next it is Claus and Lavi. They played the traditional met-since-childhood-and-made-promise couple where the female has harbored feelings for her male partner, but he' so dumb to realize it 'til she snaps him out.

Kaleido Star Layla Hamilton and Yuri Killian. I just happened to pick them up as a couple merely because they look elegant and flamboyant when performing together as partners.

Vandread Dita and Hibiki. Self-explanatory for everyone that watched the two whole seasons. What else can I say for those two?

GateKeepers (1969) Shun Ukiya and Ruriko Ikusawa. Not so conventional student couple in high-school uniforms, using extra-phenomenon powers withdrawn from gates to defend the Earth against outer space Invaders. He also happens to tease her during childhood by calling her, "snuffled nose".
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote