View Single Post
Old 2012-10-16, 14:25   Link #54
golgo13

^

Shichibukai were very strong before and still are, at least I would hope that they remain that way. They are considered one of the "Three Great Powers". Pre timeskip:

Mihawk
Jinbei
Teach
Crocodile
Donfalmingo
Moriah
Kuma
Hancock

Who there is not a threat to Strawhats today? Half are extremely strong: Mihawk, Donflamingo, Kuma (obviously not anymore), Teach.

Remaining have different histories. Jinbe was selected to appease the rift between humans and fish people so his selection is slightly special. Moria is actually pretty powerful, it took a massive risk and power-up from Luffy to defeat Moria. With crocodile it took 3 tries and ultimately a victory; nothing to be scoffed at. Hancock is a little weaker, but a prolonged fight at a high level involving her has not been seen. Many of the warlords without as much individual strength to their peers are able to surround themselves with powerful allies.

I do agree that the focus is the Yonko in the new world. At this point you tend to make alliances or mutual agreements with Shichibukai and focus on emperors since you are in emperor land. It will be interesting to learn who the new Shichibukai are; there are still 3 yet to be named.

All of this talk really highlights the power that admirals have. I'm really interested to know whom replaced Aokiji and Akainu.

Last edited by golgo13; 2012-10-16 at 14:26. Reason: grammar