Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Momo Kyun Sword
View Single Post
Old 2014-01-17, 04:36   Link #1
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Momo Kyun Sword

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Original creator (webnovel): Kibidango Project
Plot summary: The fantasy story begins with a female re-imagining of Momotarō, a famous character in Japanese folklore. Momoko is a beautiful young sword fighter who was born inside a peach. She lives with her constant companions — a dog god, a monkey god, and a pheasant god — in a peaceful paradise. However, a demon army led by devil king invades the paradise and steals the precious treasure that protects Momoko's land. To retrieve the treasure and save the people, Momoko embarks on a great adventure with her three companions.

Production notes: Kibidango Project launched the light novel online for free in the summer of 2012. It features a number of artists who rotate on a regular basis, so there is a different illustrator every month. It also boasts a voice cast with Shiori Mikami, Asami Shimoda, Masumi Asano, and Yuka Ōtsubo.

Reading the synopsis made me think of it being a Japanese folklore version of Leviathan: The Last Defense, so that's a good thing for me to watch it. The only thing that made me worried however is how many fanservice the upcoming anime will contain, since from what I watched the random videos of the series before it gets animated, it looks like a harmless work content-wise. I will give a few episodes a try, but I'm not expecting something memorable.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote