Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Ginga Kikotai Majestic Prince
View Single Post
Old 2013-12-31, 19:09   Link #1261
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I finally caught up.

Before I saw the opening, I thought this was a shoujo romcom.

I'm glad I did the research.

This series is so underrated and I hope there's a second season. I don't remember the last time I've seen a mech series with this much action.

Izuru is simple-minded, yet he's an effective main character and pilot. He's not angsty, which is always a good thing. He's a little slow, but skilled and likeable.

The problem is the mechs get all my attention. They're beautiful designs especially RED 5.

I was worried for Asagi when he was rushed towards the gate by himself. Everybody was rooting for him and I was hoping he wouldn't get picked off like Patrick.
He reminds me of Athrun. Maybe it's his appearance or his leadership or whatever, but he's my favorite character. He grew a lot in the series.

They gave him a lot of development and for a brief moment, he felt like the main lead while Izuru felt like a supporting character when they discovered their heritage.

Izuru got back on the main character seat once he started to fighting Jiart. The fight scenes are the highlight of this show.

If we get a second season, Asagi better get a power up. Simon better not play favorites. Oh and Kei needs more weaponry, maybe she can get recommendations from our resident gun otaku.

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-12-31 at 20:41.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote