View Single Post
Old 2012-07-18, 09:43   Link #44
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Ura Tougeki... and you are arguing that it is not a cult hit? :-/
And i said to define your own definiton of cult hit. Because for all that matters every good animes are in the eyes of non otaku also just cult hits, seeing that we anime watchers are in the minority when looking at the global level.

As for Tougeki , it only uses recent games (just like Evo) and samurai spirits hasn't had a game the last few years. It's because it's such a popular franchise so that previous installments of that game are still played in tournaments.

Quote:
Yeah cause every female character in their own games got popular right? Their character design has absolutely nothing to do with it...
So what does this have to do with your original statement that she was popular despite the game being an utter disappointment.
So far i haven't seen any actual proof of you claiming that Samurai spirits was a bad game and she became popular just because of her design. In fact if it weren't for the succes of the game, she probably wouldn't have become popular. That is what i am saying.

Quote:
Change the subject? I already answered you and asked another question that is relevant in this argument. Unlike you who goes "you watched madoka magica because it is made by shaft(as if being animated by shaft makes the character)omg i am right"
And i already disproved your previous answer by saying that black rock shooter was merrely incidental. Yet you want to to find an excuse by saying let's go back of finding examples of "normal looking people" who also ae succesfull while it wasn't even the point of it here.

Quote:
See? Starting an argument over anything now huh? It's funny really now you're adding production studio to your list of relevant "traits" to identify a character. Are you gonna start telling people now that it is impossible to go into a show blind the moment you learn the show's title?
My main argument here is hypocrisy. You said that character design is the primary reason for identifiable characters and shows, yet it wasn't the case for yourself.

As for loyality it is a trait. Some people watch animes because it's directed by their favorited director or if the anime has their favorite seiyuus in it. Having loyalty to a studio is the same as well. Your claim that you were going blind into Madoka was false because you were already expecting something already based on the fact that it was made by Shaft (thus implying that you were atleast impressed by their previous works).

Quote:
Does it matter how many times they revamped designs? The fact of the matter is character designs are being changed to appeal. Personally I'm at loss why you are still arguing about this or do you need me to tell you that appeal leads to recognition?
Weren't you the one who started this with asking me why they redesigned Ryo Hayabusa? I was the one answering that is for appeal, but then you starting that outward appearance was established first and i disproved that by saying that lot's of super heroes still have the same costumes as 50 years ago.

Quote:
You say it is pretty obvious but it looks to me you don't understand why the outside appearance is described first. Oh and did you know that first and primary are synonyms?
First and primary are not always synomyms. It depends on the context.
For example my first reason for hating a show does not mean that it's the primary (most important)reason why i hate a show.
Also first impressions can be deceiving. Like the already used example of Madoka.

Quote:
Tell me how can people recognize Madoka in a picture drawn by a fanartist? How can people recognize Madoka in a doujinshi acting like a perverted old man? I'm going to tell you now that being animated by Shaft does not have anything to do with it.
And didn't i already establish that this topic was not just about character appearances on this post
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...5&postcount=33

As for fan creations, they can easily do anything out of context. Same people don't even consider that identifiable seeing how much the character differs from their original.
But that would be an entirely different discussion if i start about that.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote