View Single Post
Old 2012-07-19, 04:41   Link #49
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartianMage View Post
Except that third strike has been pretty much present in all of them.
Present in what in all of them what? Third strike wasn't an main event in SBO from 2009-2011.

Quote:
What do you think happens to broken games? I don't even know where you are trying to go with this. As if trying to reason out that it is broken rather than obscure makes any difference.

And again 3rd strike. When was the original third strike? When is the HD?
Do you actually know what Ura Tougeki even is? I have the impression that you have no idea what the actual idea of that tournament is.

As for third strike, it was remade with hd graphics last year.. Seriously, atleast pretend to know what we are talking .

Quote:
Oh I can. I'll say this again. Make a gallery, put some pictures of BRS and Okabe in it, show it to people who have no knowledge of them and their series. Who do you think will most likely they will inquire about? Please answer this and tell me how it does not prove my point that character designs is the primary factor in making characters recognizable?
Yet you still bloody think that character design itself is everything by using this "make a gallery" excuse over and over.
As for making a gallery, it 's doomed from the start. The fact is that your gallery suggestion is so stupidly vague that i can put everything in it and i can easily manipulate the results depending on what the contents of my gallery are and the audience that i am showing it to.
It makes no difference if i put BRS and Okabe in it if i fill the entire gallery with completely different things like monsters, comic book characters or real live people and show it to either small children ,teenage girls or the non asian, non caucasion couple in my street.

Quote:
And this is why your argument fails. How could even people know that Madoka had all that secondary attributes before the show even aired? Do you see how irrelevant this is to this topic?
Doesn't have to. Some people didn't even watch madoka during it's airing but it was recommended by others.
Also there is probably a reason why the first 2 episode discussions had less than 40 replies while starting from episode 3 the amount of replies rose to over 300.
People who started watching it from the start had different expectations.

Quote:
In your zeal to argue with me you are now changing the topic into "what makes a show identifiable" Do I need to point out what's wrong?
Earth to Martian mage: this topic is actually called "What Makes An Anime or Character(s) "Identifiable"?"
How am i changing the topic again? A show in this context was an anime show, if i also need to remind you of that as well.

Quote:
17 years of anime only 9 shaft shows. Why are you still insisting this loyalty stick? I picked up Hyouka because it is made by Kyoani. I am telling you now my track record with Kyoani is even worse. And again this is not even relevnt to th subject.
Do i need to remind you of these quotes before you are sticking with the 17 years of anime excuse that you haven't brought up earlier.
Quote:
And to answer your question, no, I did not watch PMMM based on character design. I never checked it's commercials to begin with. I simply checked it out because it is a Shaft show and I am glad I did.
Which suggested that you did not watch madoka for it's design thus making you a hypocrite for this
Quote:
The number one factor would be the character design. Everything else is just secondary.
I don't care if you didn't initially watched madoka with any expectations, because you already admitted that design was not your primary reason to begin with.

Quote:
And am I wrong? Like I said, I don't even get why you are still arguing about this. You already said that it was obviously for appeal so why are still even arguing? Arguing for the sake of arguing? Like arguing that SS is broken rathen than obscure?
Yet you haven't convined me on the fact that Ryo looks like a generic ninja to me. What is supposed to be different from him? He still wear the traditional ninja head band and dark colours.

Quote:
Good job on looking up my previous post. Now tell me where I said that only the character designs mattered. Obviously I emphasize on designs a lot considering what my first post is but did I ever say that the other factors did not count?
If you can't understand what i am implying by quoting all of this: you haven't even bothered posting anything except character designs. In what part of all these posts that you have made have you said something about these "secundary"factors ?. All i have been reading was character design this, character design that and i haven't seen you post any other factors so far.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote