View Single Post
Old 2009-08-12, 02:01   Link #1838
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

@magnus: Er no.
Her numbaa wan priority was to wish him happy birthday.

I'm not saying this to make her sound negative, but rather in macross world, something so ridiculous for some reason is considered natural (to still be thinking about someone's birthday when the planet is going kaput)

Once there she didn't even visit Sheryl, or at least the director never thought it important for her to seemingly do so, so to believe Sheryl had anything to do with it is kinda laughable.

@Kylegoblue: I don't disagree with you.

But the fact is, every single time she's been rewarded for her "go[ing] off half-cocked with a crazy plan". In fact many of the time, she really ends up needing to be rescued when she's NOT committing some ridiculous plan that has no logical basis. The only time she did get into big doodoo over doing something retarded was the finale >_> and even then being caught wasn't exactly something "bad" seeing as it lead way to all her memories, gave her vajira STD moving powers, Alto came as a knight on a white VF, and she got to sing to the whole universe, while everyone patted her head and go "Who's the good girl? You are."

Teenagers are meant to do retarded things. Anime/cartoons may or may not make them exceedingly lucky about it, but at the same time events are meant to be followed by consequences, even if it's some halfassed "I scold you in a way that makes you not fear me and do it again".

Ranka is met with...absolutely no consequences. Ever.