Thread: Licensed Hagure Yuusha no Esthetica
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-20, 21:27   Link #320
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
If you can name me a dozen modern protagonists that can match this guy, I will be shocked. Not just in not being dense, but in his general calm demeanor when dealing with girls. I can only compare him to protagonists like the one from Campione, who, when confronted with a naked girl, panic and scream at her to put some clothes on. And when the girl shows up in his class at school and declares her love for him, he panics and sputters about how it's not really true, etc.

THIS guy, would not do that. I'm not sure I've ever seen a protagonist quite like him, and I am sure that I find the difference very refreshing, compared to the extremely generic coward protagonists who instantly start yelling panicked denials the moment a girl declares herself to be in love with him.
This entire story is an after-story anyway, it seems. We have a fully developed Protagonist, instead of a generic moron thrown into something out of his league. Very, very refreshing, and I really cannot understand why Arms spammed the fanservice for such a story.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote