View Single Post
Old 2009-06-20, 13:11   Link #207
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

I'm quite aware of the (high?) expectations particularly for this episode, so when those weren't showing and we get this from Yui: "But here.... where we are, here now in this auditorium... this is [SPARTAAA!!!] our Budokan." I said to myself, oh dear, there will be a mess in AS--and lo and behold!

Anyway, some quick reactions...

I actually didn't notice those deformed lips. What got my attention was the recycled scenes. But oh well, since I could mentally play it as Yui rushing to school (with guitar), I could focus on her monologue and I find it awww.

Is Sawako really that good? She filled in at the last minute and managed to sound fine. I find that her time in the music room was primarily for tea, but perhaps listening to the band practice was more than enough for her to figure out the songs.

Why is Azusa particularly worked up with the problems leading up to the performance? Because it's her first public performance with the band.

Backs facing the audience? I see this all the time with amateurs. And then they'll dramatically turn around at some point. Yeah that, or maybe it's just the animators cheating again, for the lulz.