View Single Post
Old 2009-01-23, 14:04   Link #94
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Finally, subs. When I noticed that there were 3 full pages of this before subs, then it must of really of been a great episode. And it was.

My opinion with the whole Kitamura/Sumire romance was that it was handled pretty good. I may of really liked it just because of how Taiga and Ryuuji got involved with the two of them and how it elevated into something rather big. But there are still a few things that feel odd.

While I see where Sumire was coming from with why she denied Kitamura's rejection, it feels like she isn't considering the possibilities. Like, couldn't she of accepted him and just told him to stay as student president? I know that's a bit too cliche, but I do feel for Kitamura because it was such a harsh breakup. But I suppose that's what makes the fight between her and Taiga so great.

And I didn't like either how Kitamura dyes his hair and fixes his attitude, and right afterwards: "Oh, I'm very sad again." It feels like it would of been better if that scene were just cut sense it would of intensified the moments afterward.

But other than that, it was a really good episode. It even had some funny moments like Taiga campaigning and the intro. I think some more stuff from Ami would of made the episode nice, but it's pretty good where it is now. I'm just curious on if the next few arcs will give attention to Minori or Ryuuji. (Or both)