Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-20, 10:16   Link #22558
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
I will have to disagree with that notion. People with suicidal tendencies lack drive, they will not create their own explosives or poisons. You can argue that you can still kill 50 people without the use of assault weapons, but using a knife or a vehicle to murder people will not yield such a high death toll. Assault weapons are easy, they require little skill and you only need to be right in front of a large group of people to do such horrific act, the only reason he only killed 50 is because said people lack drive, once they discharge their anger they only hope for a cop to blow their brains.
That would apply to suicide cases but this appears to be a fully planned attack. It's not that I agree or disagree with your view on assault weapons, but I don't think this kind of case offers any support for any view in the pro gun vs anti gun debate.

The 911 hijackings were presumably carried out with hand knives. The death toll of planned attacks is pretty much limited to what the imagination (or twisted mind more likely) can come up with.