View Single Post
Old 2011-07-05, 22:48   Link #115
hanashi

up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
You're asking the wrong question, Roger, because I think your premise is fundamentally flawed. There's been more meaningful interaction between Ohana and Kou than between Ohana and just about anybody else - it's just that most of it hasn't been face to face. To be blunt, she's obsessed with him and dissecting her own feelings for him.

It's important to point out for the zillionth time that not all of Okada's series are romances (and this one isn't) and not all of them end up with a pairing. But when it comes to the shows where there isn't a "forever alone" ending, she tends to favor the obvious over the curve ball. The one that's always on your mind is usually there for a reason, and childhood attraction trumps late challengers.
Woah, there. That was really unnecessary. "Point out for the zillionth time?" I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you didn't mean to come off as condescending as you sounded. Roger didn't mention Ohana's interactions with anyone else. He asked for examples from some of Okada's other works that would show that the radio silence between Ko and Ohana doesn't mean we're being set up for Kissuisou/Ohana.

I've also noticed a tendency of others to answer 'If you've done the research' or 'if you've seen Okada's other works' rather than responding to actual posts, particularly when we mention why we find Ko/Ohana kind of a limp pairing. It can't be both ways. Either Okada's previous works can be used to analyze HanaIro or they can't. And if they can't, can we please stop bringing them up in discussion in place of an actual response as though they're some sort of smoking gun? It's like writing a 5 paragraph essay without the supporting argument.

Last edited by hanashi; 2011-07-05 at 22:49. Reason: Should not proofread when tipsy.