View Single Post
Old 2006-01-08, 12:44   Link #12
Pippin4242

Cheers! You've been a great help. I wouldn't have changed the language for fanfic or anything (that would just get confusing...) I was just wondering if it was anything like Trigun, where everyone appears to speak Japanese but all signs and names are given in Western style, and Vash clearly can't read kanji.

Are there really no definite ages for at least Mao and Kurz? I think Wikipedia or similar gave concrete ages, but they conflicted with other sources. I was sort of wondering where they could have got the impression that there was a definite age for each character if there wasn't. Mind you, I was of the distinct impression that Kurz was 24 until a friend of mine turned round and said she thought he was 19. Weird.

(Speaking of creepiness... episode one. Just look at his face when he sees that photo of twelve-year-old Kaname. He might say "in a few years"... but I'm pretty sure that wasn't what was going through his head. Not that I think he's a paedophile. I see him as more of an aesthete. )

Glad to hear I was right on the German thing. I thought the name was German, but I only studied German for a year, and I can barely remember a word of it. (Der katze ist hinter der table...) Another friend, who took German for five years, is pretty sure Kurz means 'short' in German. I have got to look that up. *giggle* (My shaky memory suggests it might be 'Kurtze,' but the pronounciation is the same...)

And Souske is Japanese. Cool. Thankyou. I just read too much into the Helmajistan episodes I guess. That and he's pretty dark of countenance compared to the students at Jindai.

Thanks again!

Um... one more question... Wikipedia and anime database sources note that Kurz has a girlfriend in hospital whose treatment he pays for. Where does that come from? Is it true? I can't seem to find anything to back it up anywhere (mind you, I haven't been able to even finish watching Fumoffu? yet, so it could be in there for all I know). That wasn't at odds with anything I'd seen in the anime up until Episode Five of TSR (Lovely Sicilly- I am getting obsessed with that episode!) when he waffles on about goddesses and says the moon makes him think that he might spill his hidden love for the goddess of night. He seemed pretty serious there.

*~Pips~*