View Single Post
Old 2010-02-19, 13:08   Link #4
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I don't buy it. Is it necessary to laud at strengths and successes in works of art? Sure, do that for cars, computer products, cellphones etc. But when it comes to things like music and anime it's a purely personal choice. I can love rap all I want but it can be nothing to someone else. And I won't praise rap in a rap forum just because I love it. One man's meat is another man's poison, as they say.

See what I just did there?
Live and let live, that's what the forums are for anyway. Discussion. Kaoishin has his views about the hype that comes out as cynical, but if you think about it, perfectly logical. These facts and figures do gives us some semblance of confirmation that the movie is doing well, but that's all it is. We don't have official figures, we don't have 'professional' reviews. Right now, though, I'm pretty content with what we have.

I'm not going to go into the Nanoha movie thread too because I know Nanoha fans are rabid. Really, rabid

Though that 'IT'S THE GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!!' comment was rather uncalled for, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
You know, personally I don't buy it either, and have said so many times. But this has been going on for years now (for as long as Haruhi and KyoAni have been popular), and it doesn't show any signs of stopping. So it's easier to just recognize what's going on and move on rather than dwelling on it.

Yeah, as was said above, it doesn't necessarily mean that. For years now, Kyoto Animation has basically alternated between projects for two main customers: Kadokawa and Pony Canyon. Haruhi is a Kadokawa production, and K-On!(!) is a Pony Canyon production. So if the pattern continues, we can expect their next show to be for Kadokawa. I would sort of guess that they might take a little break from Haruhi though just to do something new for a change, but that doesn't by any means they're done with Haruhi, especially if the rumours are true and the author starts releasing the novels again.
I seriously doubt they'll destroy their biggest cash cow. They can throw another Gekisou, sell more merchandise, troll people even more and earn a ton of money from new fans and rejuvenated fans from the Disappearance movie. There's still a lot of content in the light novels to be animated (new volume even coming out), unlike Bakemonogatari (which is an excellent show, by the way), so there's no restrictions on material or writers' block.

Just because they're working on K-ON! season 2 doesn't mean they'll abandon Haruhi. Though it is highly possible they'll make us wait a while for new episodes...