Thread: Crunchyroll Märchen Mädchen
View Single Post
Old 2018-02-16, 05:49   Link #45
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Shizuka is a jobber. Is Hazuki gonna have to carry the team? That's so boring.
While I cannot say you are incorrect, Hazuki is just getting the stereotypical Protagonist Perk. In Light Novel World, protagonists have to actively struggle to avoid getting such things.

At least they showed the fight. It wasn't great animation, but at least they showed it, which made it better than last week. And while the Protagonist Finds Third Way Out out of Nowhere is stereotypical, at least because it is stereotypical it is kind of not a mistake anymore, and I did like the idea of her finding it after realizing she does have a loving family after all.

And it is kind of interesting that Kazan lost more because she lost to her own conscience than anything else. And plausible, compared to the idea of Hazuki just connecting with her book and coming out with new overwhelming techniques that wipe her opposition off the map.

The OP, yeah, OK it was uninspiring. We need to lower our expectations to the budget of the show, and really as one of those who don't really watch the OPs usually I don't necessarily agree it is the place to spend budget if you have none.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote