View Single Post
Old 2008-03-07, 19:05   Link #2077
toran
Kyonko Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Hmm...interesting concept, however, very difficult to pull off for a number of reasons.

The TSAB is far ahead of Earth for one thing, meaning that they would have the upper hand, which includes far more advanced sensors than anyone else.

Secondly, don't forget that if need be, they can erect an AMF on Earth if need be. Since people on Earth will most likely be nowhere near the level power that say StrikerS Nanoha and Fate have, they will not be able to use their powers, because it's just not strong enough. So basically TSAB just has to set that off, and then send in their strongest, meaning their AAA+ and S+ mages in to deal with the situation, since they'll be able to wade through the AMF, and still be able to defend themselves.

Thirdly: Even if Earth advances, we would not have the level of technology, to even dogfight against a TSAB fighter. They'd shoot the fighters down before they even left the runway.

Fourth: If the TSAB wanted, they could call in a large enough fleet to perform an Exterminatus and just wipe out Earth if things go way too far, but then again, that would have to be an absolute Last Resort to pull something like that off.
That is one of the reasons I'm choosing to discuss, is how to balance the power difference between the two.

In this AU, the technology level is going to still be much different, but I'm going to assume that Earth's had progressed quite a bit under the help of TSAB.
The AMF issue, I see is also a double edged sword. Their weaker mages wouldn't be able to fight and protect themselves without something to counter the AMF. The people revert to their guns and Earth wins.

Also, I'm also going to make it so that mages in the AA+ rank and over are in the rarity. S ranks are extremely rare, and are usually kept out of minor skirmishes due to the risk of a lucky shot taking them down.
toran is offline   Reply With Quote