Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-04, 03:52   Link #304
Cyprene

Quote:
On a side note, if this is licensed, and they don't call her "useless meat" in the english dub and use the word "plump" instead, it will be a sad day indeed
It will be "useless flesh", actually, which is as far as I know, the "official" translation. (It was what showed up on the daniku illustration contest, and in any event it's the most accurate translation.)

I don't know who did the ANN Spotlight, but I'll be handling the translation for Crunchyroll, and I'm very familiar with the original property. I've read the entire original 2chan threads (It came out to like 7000 pages on my Kindle!) a couple volumes of the manga, the gaiden for Mage, and a good chunk of the published novels.

"Maou" will be translated "Demon King", as otherwise a lot of the dialogue simply becomes a non-sequiter. I know "Demon Queen" is the more commonly used translation in this thread, but that doesn't work with this adaptation. Most of the other titles will be identical, though I'm probably going to go with something shorter for 女騎士 and 女魔法使い, simply because subtitles have hard character limits that don't give you a lot of room to waste on things. Haven't 100% decided yet.

I haven't checked the airdate exactly, but I believe the first episode of this show goes live tomorrow. If you're at all a fan I highly encourage you to check it out; it's as good an adaptation of very difficult material as I could've hoped for.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote