View Single Post
Old 2010-12-23, 18:38   Link #7453
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
The circumstances used for the comparison is different, so I won't say it's a good one. I don't remember any of the other girls even think (not attempt) of sitting in front Hayate between his legs, so I can't really compare his reactions. Although, it was obvious through the chapter that he doesn't mind if it's Athena, and he even willingly (his choice) to embrace her from behind. Moreover, he even asked Athena whether she's alright with the way he embraced her, which was an initiative he never make on any other girl in embarrassing situations.
Actually, he tries to get out of it, he tries to give her his coat to get her away, for several panels. He only embraces her after she refuses to take it and requests that he hug her.
Given that when he tried to hug Hinagiku (in her Silver Red costume, so he doesn't know it's her), she responds by punching him away, one would think of asking if the hug was alright with them to be sure he wasn't going to be punished for it.

He also apparently needs proper prompting when asked to speak of what he's noticed has grown about her. He has similar reactions when he sees Ayumu in her underclothes and nude, and when he sees Maria, both without prompting.

He also punctuates the fact that he's constantly thinking of Athena that night (before Hinagiku makes her appearance) because he's trying to figure things out, including why he's feeling the way he is after seeing her for the first time in ten years. Until Hinagiku asks him how he feels about her, there's no hint of love in his thoughts.

And the looks, all of the girls who he's, both by words and actions, found attractive he wants to look at, including Maria, Izumi, Ayumu and Hinagiku, to not want to look at the one who he says he loves says a lot.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote