View Single Post
Old 2012-10-13, 20:30   Link #70
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Honestly, I never really understood getting annoyed over fan-works.

Well, occasionally fanworks will take on a life of its own, and start to predominate a fandom in a way where it can get annoying for people that are in the fandom but not particularly keen on a particular fanwork (for example, I'm a big Madoka Magica fan, but I'm not keen on the "perverted Homura" meme, and so that meme really has come to annoy me a bit). But for 90% or more of the fanworks out there, they're easy enough to ignore, so it honestly really is a metaphorical case of "just change the channel if you're not liking it".

And I personally haven't seen a "fanworks take on a life of its own" with fujoshi fanworks in a long, long time. Even with Tiger and Bunny, I never felt much desire to search for fan images of the show, so I largely avoided all the yaoi imagery surrounding it.

Perhaps I've just been lucky here, but I honestly don't see fujoshis causing problems in general anime fandoms, so I'm not sure why they would get so much heat. I mean, if fujoshis were constantly shipping bizarre all-male pairings in popular anime titles, and insisting on those pairings on message boards like this one, then yeah, I could see that getting quite tiresome. But honestly I haven't seen anything like that since... NaruSasu in Naruto, and I was never that big of a Naruto fan anyway.