View Single Post
Old 2012-10-13, 20:47   Link #72
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I think I place more value on fan works than some other people, simply because of what they represent.
Well, don't get me wrong, I think that fanworks are great.

For a couple years, I was massively into AMVs. I made about 100 myself (mind you, only a couple were anything fancy, since I was using Windows Movie Maker ). and watched likely hundreds of other AMVs.

I used to search DeviantArt regularly for images of my favorite anime shows/characters, and I found a lot to love there. Nowadays I surf the booru sites from time to time.

I've completed one major anime fanfic (The El Hazard of Haruhi Suzumiya), and am most of the way through a second (Madoka Magica: Pure Pink Pretty Lovers).

So yeah, I think that fanworks are awesome in general. But for the ones I don't like, they're usually easy to ignore.

I definitely think that fanworks have done way more good than bad for the anime industry, and for the anime fandom. I don't see a problem with fujoshis having their slice of that fanworks pie, even if I don't check it out myself (I did do a semi-comedic yaoi AMV once though, based on how amusing I found it).