View Single Post
Old 2012-11-09, 08:42   Link #7
Sol Falling

Not a bad ep. The beginning hand me feeling like Nagi's father was pure slime and Yukariko got taken advantage of, which kind of tired me out and made me feel annoyed at the episode, but I guess the twist with Yukariko in the middle somewhat managed to save it. More importantly, the format of the play (combined with the opening and ending play) was pretty well-down and charming.

I have to admit that I am compelled by little-sister moe when I hear Tsugumi calling Nagi 'onee-chan'. I like their interactions in that context together; I'm wondering if I should hope that Tsugumi becomes an established/reoccurring character. This development/relationship could go a fair way in accentuating Nagi's gut-level appeal for me; Hayate has never particularly managed to become a character-driven series for me, but my present favourites are probably Maria and Athena.

Back to the episode, Yukariko herself could probably be called one of the lynchpins behind the entire greater Hayate plot at the moment, so yes, as of this episode, I was definitely paying full attention. The new anime series in this sense does not disappoint. I will look forward to the conclusion of the anime.