View Single Post
Old 2007-12-18, 21:02   Link #20
Rias

Quote:
How do you know? O_O Is it mentioned on the sound novel? (Sorry, but no, I haven't read Matsuribayashi-hen : P)
It's from the game.

Quote:
Personally I hope that this isn't what takes place. After all, it would render the victory the characters achieved in Matsuribayashi-hen meaningless. And I don't think that the victories in Tsumihoboroshi-hen and Minagoroshi-hen should be considered meaningless, since they both taught Rika how to fight fate and allowed the other characters to unconsciously avoid repeating their previous mistakes.

I suppose that having Rika die and then appearing in Saikoroshi-hen, followed by Miotsukushi-hen would allow the third season to continue in the same vein as before, but I would find it rather unsatisfying
If you think that way, then the victory of Matsuribayashi-hen isn't meaningless. I personally didn't like Matsuribayashi-hen too much, as the core of the story was mainly only about Rika and friends fighting against Takano and Yamainu. It was a world that was nicely set up for Rika to only tackle on Rule Y, as Rule X was non-existent, and Rule Z was actually worked to the group's favor. Having a nice and happy setting for the world just isn't what Higurashi no Naku Koro ni has been about.

Thus there is Miotsukushi-hen, which address that "flaw" and introduces the "Trials of Hanyuu". Of course, Miotsukushi-hen wasn't that great itself, as it left out all the background details for some reason, had a controversial setting for Hanyuu, and cheesy OP music poping up all the time

So personally, Saikoroshi-hen is the real ending for me.