View Single Post
Old 2012-12-09, 00:36   Link #99
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Her grandmother discard it as a way for Rikka to entertain herself, so it isn't like she judge Rikka, aside of not putting the full scope of the issue.
Touka OTOH is actually her relative that adjust herself the most: so far, she never went went as far as forcing Rikka to cut it out, save 1) when she goes really out of hand (Rikka confronting her due to Chimera) 2) when things should be settled down (confrontation in front of their old house land).
Heck, she even lets Rikka moving out with all of her "treasures" despite japanese appartment are hardly anything spacious, so having so many meaningless trinkets, souvenirs etc would definitely be a bother.
Furthermore, she plays the role of the antagonist Rikka has set in her own chuuni, and still look after her (lunch and so forth). So really, while Touka has difficulty to approach Rikka due to the latter's chuuni, she basically has set all accomodations Rikka would need
The grandmother may have "accepted" or in your way "discarded" her chuuni, but she remains passive and ends being irrelevant in that case, the grandparents house remains an unwelcome place for Rikka. Touka on the other, wow it's rarer to see her without a ladle than not so much so that it has become part of her character. Seriously have you ever seen her confront, approach,talk to Rikka without that ladle? don't quite remember any honestly, why has she given up trying to talk to her, after a mere 2 years??? just like her mom? All adjustment your talking about, that taking care, bento, apartment, thing of course that's bare minimum in fact is no different from one taking care of a normal kid.
on the bolded part: where was it ever stated that she's playing along with Rikka's chunni. Being the Overseer priestess whatnot might be how Rikka sees her but never was it reflected in Touka's mind. Never has she tried to do anything chuuni, in fact in her words "what good would it do to encourage chuuni" (or something to that effect) Don't see where you ever got the idea she's playing along rikka's chuuni like a role she gladly accepted to get closer. It's all in Rikka's mind.

Quote:
You are distording what I stated: it is never fun to see a relative going in such "path" than Rikka's. Past the usual social standing put to shame, it is really concerning to see a relative being out of the reality, moreso when the said person is actually doing it on purpose, unlike real mentally challenged individual
of course that's never fun, i never said or implied that they should encourage her chuuni. But what i can see is that they are at this point more concerned with that possible shame, instead of trying to coax Rikka out of it. perhaps, they did but never was it shown in the anime, and definitely 2 years is a short time to just give up. Have you ever seen any "loving"/"caring" scene between the grandparents even Touka with Rikka? The mother was the first caring moment here with her bento, unfortunate she cowed out in the end instead of giving it herself, and why just now?? where were she all this 6 months, of the show?
(well meta issues regarding storytelling, and time constraints might have made this worse, still it stands in my opinion)

on the bolded part, REALLY? when has psychological defense mechanisms ever been a rational "doing it on purpose" kind of thing, especially when it's associated with a heavy trauma like what Rikka suffered. You and I we probably have countless def. mechanisms we don't know about, might be as small as a small tick, or stammering when in pressure situation, usually unknown to the person involved,often just put aside as nothing more than quirks, when not too disruptive. IN FACT defense mechanisms are good in the sense that it is the minds way of coping with possible unbearable pressure, instead of breaking down.

on the point of the suddenness : in yuuta's own thinking and he even stated it to touka, that eye patch is her shield against the world, and what did he do? He flat out commanded her to remove it, out of the blue, in the middle of the freaking fair (can't he have even waited until after, sigh but of course its a plot device), in front of their friends, without prior preparation and hardening, and funnily enough while they were wearing chuuni garb, and set to do a performance, definitely Rikka's into chuuni mode/thinking right there and then. wow way to go 180, that's definitely not A BIT. if you think otherwise then we just have to agree to disagree on this point.

on the point of the High School environment. Plot reasons or not,rikka has friends in Shibutani & Yuuta + dekomori, kumin. My point is 1) she is currently in a stable environment no need to go rushing into things. 2) a lot of people have even less friends, even in real life. and they're not even chuuni mostly just different or introvert. on this note kumin might even be in the same boat , as you said she was never shown with anyone else 3) there definitely are more disruptive & dangerous behavior than rikka's chuuni even in real life, in anime Haru in Tonari no Kaibutsu would be harder for most to approach. for example, and more dangerous to boot. how many people has he hurt already, and twice his girl. again if you think otherwise and feel the change has to right there , then we just have to agree to disagree on this point.

Quote:
Anyone trying to delay such offer would be insane: the world of cuisine is a very busy and business-like one. To let such chance to be delayed for few weeks/months can literally shut down that opportunity. The number of aspiring chefs are huge, and very few can boasts being that successful with training and so forth. It is even moreso true with Japanese people who are stuck with "Japan and the rest of the world" type of mentality and society, which means connections with overseas establishment and whatnot are extremely scarce.

This is also why Touka states she has no real reason to decline (since her relatives -can- take care of Rikka), but yet, she still cares for her sister, hence why she needs Yuuta's help to settle things before she has to leave. If she really didn't care a single bit, she wouldn't even have that talk with Yuuta, nor even take care of Rikka since the latter was with her grandparents before moving out to Touka's appartment.
well i don't really see any disagreement here, as I've said it is a HARD DECISION. I definitely understand the gravity of the offer i even bolded "BIG PERSONAL advancement" for her career part. Yet she has choices that she can make. she can stay to provide the current status quo, sacrificing her own career in the process. Barring that, we were never privy to the details of that training offer anyway, is it a one shot, now or never, leave 1 week from now thing or something else, (apprenticeship like in the case of Chiaki in Nodame Cantabile, where it's more like "hey i'll be your master when you get here" thing) there might be compromise possible, again show hasn't been detailed on that part.

Well anyway it's been a nice Chat with you Klashi, i think mostly it's a difference of opinions and probably family viewpoint. we both definitely agree rikka must leave chuuni behind ( or at least the extreme part), it's just a matter of timing thing.
see you next ep

Last edited by garbage; 2012-12-09 at 00:48. Reason: typos