View Single Post
Old 2008-01-12, 08:44   Link #71
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
edit: mm, wait, you guys are referring to the DVD special? Where there was a flash message about there being complaints about staying true to 'original intention'. In that case, I'd like to suggest that that was merely a tongue in cheek comment about the censorship with funny faces in the first episode, which was removed during the scene where Kafuka was pulling Zetsubou-sensei down from his noose. I also didn't notice any plot or setting significant changes which would constitute a 'retcon' aside from Chiri's cake cutting scene (actually, I think even that was just shortened for the special, and remained otherwise identical to what happened in the show).
Note that at the end of the DVD special, you see Nami at her home. This was repeated in one of the SZS advertising. Thus it is made clear that Nami's status as a student who never showed up until a dozen other girls were already introduced is now considered canon for the TV series, mirroring the manga.

As for censorship, there was nothing extra-perverted in the DVD special at all. I could only interpret the comment about following the author's intention, as being accurate to the original as much as it can and undoing any changes made previously..