View Single Post
Old 2012-03-09, 14:51   Link #66
syke123

I knew this episode would bring everything to light. I thought they pulled it off great and the reconcile at the end was a nice touch. Although they're trying to hard to cover up its religious roots, which are getting worse and worse due to their inconsistency.

So we learned that Yuu isn't actually relevant to the story in the slightest. He's merely a messenger for the demonic/alien order, whether they're aliens that created the hierarchy, or are actually spiritual doesn't really matter either since they both have the same agenda and are inspired by the same occult group. He also won't play a big role, he'll probably just leave at the end to report progress, or he'll die. We probably won't see the group make an appearance either.

I laughed when they tried to coverup his actual derived name. Shu may mean "group" in Japanese but in Egyptian Mythology it means "He who rises up". The name has Egyptian links that span up to the book of Exodus. It's also highly unlikely that they went for something so primal given his huge role. They can't really confirm that his name is based off an Egyptian god, now can they? It'll sound too weird.

The episode cleared most of the speculation they aroused throughout the inconclusive chronology, and cofirmed that Shu is indeed the reincarnation of Christ, or better yet Macroprosopos. This is definitely one of the better shows of 2012, and the ending is going to be big, but predictable.

Spoiler for very probable: