Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-11, 19:13   Link #1093
Sphire

Hmm, can't be sure overall what to feel about the new arc. Will have to watch more I guess. I sure hope we get more than 1 'desire' from people. If all Yui does is hit things and all Inaba does is jump on Taichi, that'd be kinda meh. Which also raises the 'interesting' point that Inaba's desires have her jumping on Taichi, whilst Taichi and Iori's desires are to just talk to each other.... (well Iori at least, no idea what Taichi was gonna do).

Plus it seems like it'll repeat the same issues from the first arc. Yui's androphobia, Inaba's trusting issues and Iori's personality issues. Which could go either way really. While it definitely feels more natural that those issues weren't just magically solved by Taichi being the White Knight, it feels like something that was closed is being reopened. Either way, I hope there's no more White Knight Taichi scenes.

Not too sure on the whole love triangle either. Stems from how Inaba pushed Iori and Taichi together, but she also has feelings for Taichi. I hate that I'm getting a School Days vibe from this triangle. I know it'll most likely be nothing like School Days, but those are some bad memories :< . Heartseed could essentially push Inaba and Taichi's desires for each other up, and make them deal with the consequences. Which would be what, we couldn't control ourselves so not our fault? Again, unlikely to happen, but only because plot says so rather than it being a natural thing.