View Single Post
Old 2013-04-08, 14:29   Link #20
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I stopped watching X-men films after Wolverine Origins. The plot made no sense, and the scene in the bathroom when he had his claws out was so fake that I can't believe they got it past QA.

It sounds like I haven't missed anything good. I can't help but feel X-men as a franchise just isn't easy to make films about. It is in essence, about normal people hating superheroes. This is so incompatible with the rest of Marvel that I am not sure it could have worked with the Avengers (if they had the rights.)

Every Mutant Supervillain justifies humans hating mutants. Every non-mutant villain justifies Magneto. And all of a sudden the good guys have no where to go, because they are the odd ones out. Peace is impossible because the plot is written that way, which means one side rightfully should exterminate the other to truly bring peace. Xavier's efforts are a waste of time.

The comics finally gave up and just purged most of the mutants entirely. Mutants became too small a minority to be a threat, so the lynch mobs went home.