View Single Post
Old 2008-12-12, 21:22   Link #88
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Actually, Tousen was the first one to agree to release his bankai. Komamura refused to use it...until he saw Kenpachi lay the smackdown on Tousen that is.

Yeah, the result is fairly predictable. But lequory has a point that at least Ulq vs. Ichigo will be a milestone fight. Ulq is an enemy that has had good build up. A good part of the reason the recent battles have been mediocre is because the enemies are killed off as soon as they are introduced. Decent designs, but with no story or personality, the enemies seem (and mostly are) disposable. Nobody's interested in seeing what happens to them.

Good battles need the reader to feel some emotion towards the protagonists and the antagonists. The shinigami have been well developed for the most part, but the arrancar (except for some of the Espada) just aren't very interesting.

'Tis sig-worthy.

I was trying to point out the fact that tousen fucked around and paid for it, so Koma was ready to go straight into action w/o playing around....

Yes Ichigo vs. Ulq. is a well set up decent enough fight but still, the fatc that Ulquiorra has been built up as such a great character.. will make the fight a disappointment to me. It isn't like BYakuya,, who I personally wanted to lose the fight so it was all good in SS...so yeah. and Arrancar (FRACCION included) are supposed to be bad-ass and well developed... Kubo just insists on showing the other charaters are strong by using them as scapegoats etc for his fights