View Single Post
Old 2010-06-16, 19:01   Link #11136
Raiza Sunozaki

I'm liking where your thoughts are going, Jan-Poo. Especially the part where the culprit has no idea of the bomb, and that there is no "psycho" killer. I'm still confident there's someone going around murdering people because of Reason X, but now we can give them a slightly more human cause for murder, something "better" than psychopathically killing people.

Though this does present a problematic dillema. So now we've decided that Beatrice knows there is a bomb on Rokkenjima, but does not mention it in bottle stories, nor does she try during the gameboard to have someone disarm it, though this is debatable if we theorize that solving the Epitaph will end the threat of absolute destruction. However, this contradicts how the explosion takes place in both Episode 3 and 5, even after the Epitaph is solved.
Anyway, back to the dillema. This must mean that Beatrice has either given up on the family redeeming themselves, and is prepared to destroy the entire family, unless Plot Device Y is resolved, or she is in possession of the knowledge of the bomb and the ability to defuse it, but for Reason Z cannot. In a startling coincidence (since we've determined the culprit has no knowledge of the bomb) the culprit choses that conference to excute their murder scheme because of Reason A.
But we've also determined that Beatrice is aware of the culprit's schemes, since she must be in some position below the command of the culprit. So why does she choose to kill everyone herself? If she know that most, if not all of the family is going to die, then why does she choose to bother with the bomb? It's redundant, like my original idea that it was the culprit both scheming the murders and setting us up the bomb.
This is where my logic has brought me.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote