View Single Post
Old 2011-01-28, 13:54   Link #121
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Exactly. The reason Madoka felt so miserable and guilty in this episode is that she is aware it should be possible to bring Mami back to life (Kyubey clearly told her he can make any kind of miracles happen), but chooses not to because she's scared. I don't think this needs to be spelled out to us. The implication seen in the episode are enough. Take the scene at Mami's apartment for example: Madoka breaks down into tears and asks for Mami's forgiveness for being weak. "Weak" meaning she doesn't have the resolve and courage to become a magical girl, and therefore can't do anything for Mami.

Incidentally, the very reason she didn't ask Kyubey if it is possible to bring Mami back to life is that she's afraid of the answer. She would feel even more terrible if she knew for sure she could wish her back, but was too scared to do so.
Alternative explanation: She apologizes for being too weak, because she doesn't have the resolve to follow through on her earlier promise to be a magical girl solely to help people. In essence, she talked big to Mami, but realizes she can't follow through. Whether or not she was even considering wishing Mami back wasn't stated.

As I said previously, you can't infer something that wasn't stated.

In actuality, wishing Mami back would work for Madoka. It would alleviate her guilt over not becoming a magical girl earlier, and would be able to then protect Mami by fighting by her side from then on, helping people.

My theory is just as valid as any stated here.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote