View Single Post
Old 2011-10-22, 03:58   Link #1016
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Gai pulled off a very much Lelouch maneuver. He predicted where the enemy response was going to be, who was going to participate how they were going to react, and turned their own tactics against them. Not to mention having the balls to show off to your enemy and having a bunch of guns shown in your face and keeping your calm. Lelouch would have been proud of him.

Leave the Ghost in the Shell comparisons alone. There has been absolutely nothing on the same level and it was sheer stupidity of the staff to even mention that.

We also don't know that the historical GHQ is the basis for that. Obviously the name is supposed to evoke similar feelings but the writing is in no way realistic in that regards. Again GHQ is a reworked Brittania from multiple angles rather than a futuristic GHQ.

You have a guy pulling swords and reflection guns out of people. It's pretty damn fantastical already.

I would argue Suzuku was a horrible developed and conceived character but that's an argument for another time. The point was that Suzuku was supposed to be one of the heroes/main characters and so had alot of face time. A better comparison to Daryl in Code Geass would be Jeremiah and some of the other "kill them all" villains in Season 1 of Code Geass.

Eureka wasn't that interesting of a character 2 episodes in either. As I said, the third episode is going to make/break Inori as we'll see her in a more informal setting. Inori is such a bland heroine that they have to have something planned with her, I just can't figure out what.

Lelouch pulled off a maneuver very much similar to what Gai did. Predicting enemy movements and responses and launching counterattacks based off of that. Then Gai standing up and giving a speech in full view of the enemy.

When I talk about Brittania, I mean the government. This is because 90 percent of the cast was foreign. Really then entire series for the most part was infighting between a bunch of nobles. Even then most of the characters weren't sympathetic in that the student cast didn't really suffer. Cornelia and certainly Jeremiah had what was coming to them. Nunally and Euphemia were supposed to be the sympathetic characters. Euphemia ended up being killed after she wiped out a bunch of Japanese and Nunally was really only important due to the influence she had on her brother. Not to mention we see none of the citizens really share Euphemia's ideas. None of the higher ups or Knights of the Round were sympathetic in the least. Lelouch's father was an ass truly to the end.

Really CG had only three sympathetic people in the cast, Lelouch, Nunally, and Euphemia. The rest on both sides were extremists and crazy for the most part. Nina being a perfect example. They fleshed out the characters but alot of that character development came way down the round.

Now if you want more people like the students at Ashford Academy, you'll certainly get them.

Well It's looking like they're going to tie Shouma's backstory into Gai's and possibly Inoris along with his mother. So the backstory is definitely there. Unlike CG where we had a pretty good grasp of the motivations, it's being held closer to the chest this time.
So like do you have some agenda to knock Code Geass down a bit and bump this up or something? I'm kind of confused as to this tack and what any of this argument has to do with anything.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote