View Single Post
Old 2013-10-27, 08:13   Link #22
silvercover
Romance Expert

man ive got to say that this ep definitely felt pretty weak.

as the romance expert, this one grated my nerves. while there was the justifications of course due to being childhood friends and how they're often working together, they didnt build this up enough for me to be comfortable with this transition. especially how rin responded to it, she was so casual and had no nervousness but once they talked with everyone she's suddenly very flustered. generally it would apply both, or at least in reverse.

also as mentioned, the transition from friendship to romance with the show felt jarring. I already saw how previous arcs could have been shifted into romantic angles, yet they managed to make it work well for friendship. on the other hand, this episode didnt feel like that. heck id even go to say it felt like this was going to be great as a friend companionship atmosphere but was changed into romance.

on the other hand, if we take it as its own episode its fine. but once we take into account the previous episodes this one just felt like...
oh and of course the girls disappearing I know they have a good reason(probably) which will be explained, but it just feels really unfair. especially to kuruguya.

so this one gets a 6 for me. average as in it was fine for standard romcom.