View Single Post
Old 2007-09-25, 10:40   Link #147
Touka
Air, reason, revered.
*Graphic Designer

Better late than never. Spoiler free. ^_^

I enjoyed Utawarerumono immensely. It's the the best anime I've seen, after Death Note. The characters were all so amazing and portrayed extremely well. Whats with all the ears, tails and wings? Hell, I don't know, but I loved it! The Japanese voice acting was also brilliant, Hakuoro's seiyu continued to impress me through the series. The story grabbed me and never let go. I had to think quite a bit to understand it all, but thats one of the best things about it. The back story was very interesting! I never would have thought the animation was done by the same studio that animated Pokemon. Utawarerumono's animation is easily above average, it fit the show extremely well, without ease. I also understand the backgrounds were mostly hand painted. Simply beautiful. The whole world of Utawarerumono is beautiful. The OST is very soothing and really fits the mood of the show. I now love Suara. She sang the opening (Musou Uta) and the song at the end of episode twenty six (Kimi Ga Tame). The ending was very sad (I admit it, I cried), but at the same time it was also so beautiful.

Spoiler for Ending:

I could continue to praise Utawarerumono for as long as I live, the series is so amazing. I already own all the DVDs. If they bring out a boxset with some extras I'll buy that aswelll... That reminds me actually. There are also four special DVD episodes, which are absolutely hilarious! It's worth buying the DVDs simply for them. If you haven't seen Utawarerumono yet, why are you reading this? Go and watch it! You won't be disappointed, it is fantastic. Words can't explain how much I loved it.

Last edited by Touka; 2008-08-26 at 20:00.