Thread: Akb48
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-02, 00:34   Link #261
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Goddamn, you still think the idol industry is like the Yakuza? Hey, they're getting paid well, they have their perks (not everyone gets to be an idol and the selection process is difficult), and yes sometimes they do have lapse of judgment, but this young woman had the balls to apologize in public in this unusual way; she's not Kim Kardashian.
You said it. Being paid well means that they have the desperation to accept such a suggestion in exchange for a chance to stay with AKB48.

Then again, I don't think they are paid well. It is the sponsorships for their daily (idol) needs, and the perks they get from all those business ties the management has cultivated for them. What are a few compacts (1 compact of powder, with periodic touchup through daily usage, can last for close to 1 month) in exchange for a pretty face to bolster the brand of a cosmetic?

P.S I am pretty much an idol chaser myself : being a huge fan of Mizuki Nana, Jay Chou, KISS and a few metal/rock bands. But I am the odd one out because I focus more on music instead of eye candy. Mass girlbands like Afilia Saga East and AKB48 don't interest me much, and I am usually neutral unless there are outrageous antics like this performed that make the entire idol industry look ridiculously shady. Even if the anti-social forces are involved, I believe that they have good business sense not to get involved too much; they are just in it to wash money.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2013-02-02 at 00:45.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote