View Single Post
Old 2012-06-08, 13:11   Link #462
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Sadly, that doesn't work. The OS was made in 2003, which likely means it was planned around a year or two before the production. In 2007, Macross Frontier came out with at least a five year planning time, yet it still rushed the final two episodes and the movies had even worse pacing. Meanwhile, he is also working with AKB0048 as well right now. The problem is always his pacing in stories. I haven't seen a well-paced story since Do You Remember Love. He has this problem with series. Perhaps, if he was a movie-only type person, it would work better.

In regards to ideas, it is quite possible he got those while doing MF. I doubt he had inspiration to continue Aquarion before MF. He seemed just fine working on MF.

I can still remember when I heard that he didn't want to make sequels to Macross... yet, look at all the sequels there has been from him. Aquarion might come to turn out the same way with cliches like that. (We all know Macross' is overused: future/current pilot meets singer/future singer, an idol rises to fame, another idol falls, mature girl wins love triangle, happy/bittersweet ending, and the end.)

Maybe he shouldn't multi-task series either...
That makes sense. The story doesn't flow well, and things sometimes seem rushed. Maybe he saw that fanbase was wanting a follow-up series and decided to just do it.

And I agree. He is falling prey to the cliches he sets up.