View Single Post
Old 2012-12-01, 12:53   Link #10101
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
1) Fiore's a kingdom, not an empire. A few chapters of poor translation should not have you calling them an empire.

2) Yes they're random executioners. Sure they're the strongest executioners, but they're just random people no one's heard of, and you're expecting them to easily match the some of the most powerful members of the most powerful guilds in the kingdom. Natsu's demonstrated that he could easily level the stadium if he so chose and took what were thought to be the strongest members of the strongest guild 2v1. Did you really think axe guy was going to be on the same level as him? There's no real reason "works for the kingdom" should automatically mean "Is stronger than most of the strongest members of some of the strongest guilds in the kingdom".

3) Makarov was reluctant to launch an out an out attack on the kingdom because they live in said kingdom. As easy as it would be to crush the kingdom's forces, it would make them outlaws, and turn the world against them. Lots of unpleasant fall out.
Sorry for the late reply. Hadn't the time to spare.

1) I'm used to mangastream's translation so FORGIVE me about that. You're probably right since i recall the anime also calls it the fiore kingdom.

2) No one's heard of them because they were supposed to be the kingdom's special elite forces.. like how u would never know who are the agents of the British Secret Service BUT u do know they are capable men who serve Britain. okay, shitty example but u get the point. About that Saber Tooth thing, i alr mentioned, it was totally bs to me. I mean really, hailed as the strongest guild + dragon slayers able to go into DF at will = still no match for Natsu without DF alone is too much of a hax for me to take. To me its just Mashima saying: [_l_ u sabertooth now that FT's back you're going to shit]

And i reiterate again, they aren't random executioners just because no one heard of them. I think if the kingdom were sure anyone who faced the executioners were set for doom the executioners must be really looked upon in the ranks of the fiore army. I never said that "works for the kingdom" should automatically mean "Is stronger than most of the strongest members of some of the strongest guilds in the kingdom"., i'm merely saying no matter the opponent whoever Mashima wants to win he'll definitely hax pwn his way to victory.

3) i don't really think its so much of turning the world against them, seeing how Fairy Tail's very motto is LIVING WITH FREEDOM, i don't think they'd give 2 shits. Basically the Kingdom's army aren't any pushovers. in fact i forgot why this even needs questioning.

regardless... all i'm saying is we shouldn't take their power levels seriously anymore because it'd be redundant. i rly feel mashima likes to glorify characters just to allow FT to stomp them to make FT look epic, which i guess should happen since their the main good guys.. but u know, it kinda gets

*i'm sorry for the excessive crude language, can't really think straight today*