View Single Post
Old 2012-11-11, 08:48   Link #60
kuromitsu

So, I managed to, ahem, procure the novel, obviously I haven't read it yet (and probably won't after the anime is over and/or if I can get it in a format that's more comfortable to read), but I skimmed it and from what I can see, the anime is doing well so far. The only thing that I noticed while skimming that haven't been made perfectly clear in the show so far can be handled later on, when it fits the anime's way of storytelling better. Basically, things will become interesting after the timeskip, but so far it's all good.

From what I can see there's no reason whatsoever for people to be negative and call the anime a bad adaptation that cuts everything that makes the story good. Because it's not and so far it doesn't.

(Also, a modest proposal: how about judging the show on its own terms instead of constantly comparing it to something that majority of people here haven't even read, including some of the people doing the comparing, and will never read unless it gets translated? It's not like an adaptation can be ever 100% faithful, anyway. If I want 100% faithfulness I'll just read the source material.)