View Single Post
Old 2010-12-07, 09:41   Link #19541
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I have had this pet line of thought that from the beginning, Bern was trying to goad a happy ending by placing herself as the ultimate bad guy.
Now that would be funny, if the first thing she basically ever said (that she was here to help, sorta) was basically true.

Also, one reason Alliance through Dawn don't show Eva surviving (well, technically neither End nor Dawn show her dying either) may be that Hachijou (or whoever) was trying to "push it." Featherine and Hachijou both seem to share an almost twisted interest in just how far a story can be taken off the beaten path yet still be considered to hold the core truths of the message bottle stories. Since the message bottles don't depict Eva surviving, it's not necessary that they actually conform to anyone's survival.

Also: Bear in mind that "Rokkenjima Prime" is just a theoretical concept for the "real world" within the Umineko framework. We've never seen it, and we don't know what it looks like. People seem to think Ange's 1998 is believed to be that; I don't think most people who subscribe to fiction theories believe that. I do think, and I think most do think, that Rokkenjima Prime is similar to Ange's 1998, but it may not be as similar as we think. I do believe that Eva's public survival is a condition of R-Prime, if only because it's conspicuously happened twice now and we've only ever seen one Ange background (if Eva doesn't survive, Ange living to 18 seems quite unlikely anyway).

I also think we're being bashed over the head with Battler's survival, which didn't provably happen in any episode (though in ep7 he just vanishes and in every other episode but ep3 he's still technically alive at the time of the incident). It's possible that in R-Prime he did survive but didn't show himself, but that would create a host of questions. On the other hand, if he did publicly survive, Ange's 1998 cannot be R-Prime.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote