View Single Post
Old 2010-07-04, 18:32   Link #268
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I wonder how they decided on the order of character arcs.

If it were just a matter of popularity, then Nanasaki Ai would've been first. Last time I checked, the Japanese Amagami wiki has her on first (Haruka is second in the rankings), but her anime arc is fourth in the order.

Perhaps the order in the anime is supposed to be a mirror image of the manga..? I just find it odd that Haruka's story arc is the first. I was actually expecting Tsukasa to be the first one.
They could be using a "Save the best for last" strategy. Because I think Ayatsuji's arc is pretty far away, too. They might be ordering them based on importance. Or there could be no ordering process at all.

As to why they put Haruka first. I think it's smart because it acts as more of a hook compared to a less popular character leading things off. But at the same time I don't think it would be too smart to give away the most anticipated arc (Nanasaki's) right off the bat. I say most anticipated because she seems to be the most popular character (Deservedly so ).

If I had to choose, I would say there's no specific strategy in the arc ordering.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote