View Single Post
Old 2013-03-05, 22:58   Link #3156
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Do the normal (i.e., no special abilities) Butei actually help the specials in high-profile missions? I always had the impressions that most of the missions involve the protagonists and most of the supporting cast are simply shoved aside.
Actually, they do help out. Kinji's friend Mutou has done so on two occasions

Quote:
Toaru Majutsu no Index did exceptionally well with the Imagine Breaker. Might be powerful, but it can backfire against him and can be easily worked around. I was hoping that Hysteria Mode acted in a similar way as Touma's right hand ability.
Hysteria Mode has it's problems as well, mostly it's activation and limitations. But really, it's a totally different thing than Imagine Breaker.

Quote:
Maybe it's my preference. I wanted this series to be more down-to-earth when it comes to guns since most light novels nowadays rely on fantasy and magic. To me, what's dull is Kinji always fighting at the forefront. Reminds me all too much of Fairy Tail, etc.
That's the thing, this series was never down to earth from the start, not with something like Hysteria Mode. As for Kinji always fighting at the front, he is the main character.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote