View Single Post
Old 2013-03-05, 16:51   Link #10753
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
The thing is though, I GUARANTEE that natsu or anybody else who got second origin is going to use it to use it in the upcoming fights as a power up making them bland. It seemed a lot cooler to use it as a passive boost so there was no asspulls but I guess that is too much to ask from shoen manga.
Natsu, Gray, Lucy, Wendy, and Juvia all have been using it, and it is a passive boost. It's not going to be a case of "this opened up in the coming battles for every character who got 2nd origin to go super sayain whenever they want." because characters like Gajeel, Laxus, and Mirajane trained for their increase in power. Even assuming they got Second Origin naturally from training, they have no reason to hold back on using it like Natsu, Gray, Lucy, Wendy, and Juvia haven't been holding back. It would be quite ridiculous for Gajeel to be having a tough time with an opponent and finally defeat him, then for Natsu to be having a tough time with an opponent and handily defeat him with second origin. That would mean Natsu was fighting a vastly inferior opponent than Gajeel. Even if it did become the next "super sayajin", that was relevant and the cause of victory for all of 2-3 fights before enemies got stronger and it simply became the default battle form for those that had it. SO would suffer the same fate in short order if the series tried to go that way.

But like I said, that won't be happening. Erza's the only one that's been holding back on using it. Her releasing it doesn't mean it's active thing that needs to be turned on like Lightning-Fire mode. Her releasing it is ultimately no different than the way Laxus turned out to have been holding back against Natsu during the Festival arc. Nor is she likely to have cause to hold back in the future.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote