View Single Post
Old 2012-07-07, 13:30   Link #100
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
because as we recently saw, even ET doesn't cause fear in itachi. he broke free from ET, defeated ET nagato, then beat the user of the technique with little trouble. breaking free was the only tough part, but that's not really part of this conversation since itachi would be alive in these cases. and to top it off, kabuto's ET was way more powerful than what orochimaru was capable of. itachi is just a beast. orochimaru knew that ET wasn't enough. he thought that an uchiha body in sennin mode was necessary
I really hate when a simple conversation turns into a wall of text and that's exactly what's happening here. You're diverging on numerous tangents and ignoring the point of my statement. I'm not even going address most of what you said because its irrelevant and I don't agree with it anyways. I would like to refrain from calling you biased Itachi fanboy but you're making it really hard with some of your statements. Itachi broke out of ET by LUCK, defeated Nagato with help, defeated Kabuto with help. None of it was easy or by skill alone.

As beastly as you think Itachi is, he couldn't stand toe to toe with the 1st Hokage as far as he's been hyped up to be. Orochimaru could have been far OR near. Kept his eyes closed... look in the other direction... whatever pleases you... and still have the 1st Hokage wipe the floor with Itachi. That's the point I was making.

On the other issue of Tsukuyomi, you proved my point for me, there has been no other Genjutsu based attack as powerful as it since Itachi's death. The others you mention carry a high price and can never be used multiple times without an even higher sacrifices (killing numerous Uchihas and stealing their eyes). Tsukuyomi is an Genjutsu that hits instantly and give Itachi complete control over your perception of time and apparently only another Sharingan of sufficient power or Rinnegan user could stand up to it. Do you really think if this ability was passed onto Sasuke that anyone could been him with EMS spamming this over and over again? He'd look at the world and win...