View Single Post
Old 2011-10-22, 22:41   Link #77
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
"To win, but not destroy. To master, but not humiliate. That is true conquest!"
That cracked me up... it's so out of character, Alexander among other other things burned Persepolis to the ground because "To win, but not destroy", raped pretty much every noble kid in his wake, because "To master, but not humiliate", and he died midway during his campaign, leaving his poor generals to to consolidate an overextended and stretched army/kingdom, because "That is true conquest"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm surprised to see so much negativity about the fight scenes, because I thought they were beautifully animated. Sword vs. spear is a goldmine for great choreography, as witness Balsa vs. The Hunters in Seirei no Moribito, which is probably the gold standard for weapons combat in a TV anime. I don't put this on that level, but it was damn good, and accomplished without a huge reliance on CGI. I didn't find the camera tricks obtrusive at all - I thought it was very stylish and reminiscent of classic martial arts live-action movies.
If I can voice on slight complain about the figth is that spear are almost never swang, plus the makes a cross block with the wooden shafts to block a vertical medieval metal double-edged longsword swing... IRL, that would have destroyed both spears, and sent him to his grave or wherever he came from That block is though part of ni-to ryuu and extremely effective at that, but performed with metal swords and always at a slight angle to dissipate gently the force of the attack.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote