View Single Post
Old 2012-09-02, 14:55   Link #30337
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchwork Chimera View Post
Cannot unsee! O__OU

So, Battler's mom is Asumu's son. Asumu is the grandmother of a transgender mother of Battler?
Wait, my english is that bad? Where did that thing came from? Am I misunderstanding it?
whoops. Yes a fatal mistake from me xD actually i ment Ushiromiya Battler is Ushiromiya Asumu's son.
but at the same time I wanted to write "Ushiromiya Asumu is Ushiromiya Battler's mother".... and then... well i mixed them up xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchwork Chimera View Post
I see where you're coming from. In other words, one tend to search for a meaningfull word to use it as an alias. But there's other way to see it: could be something symbolic from Ryuukishi07 to the public, how Ikuko continues Yasu's legacy with her forgeries. Doesn't mean she's taken the name.
Then we have how Ikuko didn't know Tohya was Battler still later. Wouldn't Yasu recognize her dream man if she found him in the street?
Actually... I don't think the scenes we saw about Tohya being hit by a car played out like shown.

My problem is, if we take everything with Ikuko=RandomStranger, it would play out like that:

"Boom, Rokkenjima exploded, only survivors: Eva, Battler. Eva waits in Kuwardorion and is found later, while Battler escaped by boat. He reaches land looks for some kind of civilization and then just randomly gets hit by a car and gets amnesia. Then 'coincidently' the driver of that car, instead of calling the police and ambulance, just 'finds him cute and wants to take him home' and actually does just that. Then she creates a new identity for Battler and makes money from his Rokkenjima forgeries".

Well and a Ikuko=Yasuda scenario as i see it (there could be other possible versions of this theory) could go like that:

"In Rokkenjima Battler got injured after Eva escaped for Kuwadorian, Yasu took Battler to the boat. Then they escaped to the house she has secretly ordered to be built in the last 2 years. There she realizes that Battler has amnesia. At first she tries to make him remember, but soon gets confronted with the fact that every attempt to make him remember gives him huge headaches. She creates a new identity for herself and for Battler (Battler and Beatrice 'die'), lets him be checked secretly by a surgeon and gets to know about the brain injury. Following that Ikuko makes the decision to make Battler forget about the incident by lying to him and telling him fake stories (the ones we see in EP8). After Tohya stabilizes, she tries to make him remember by using the forgeries, so she suggests to him to do a "roleplaying" of the rokkenjima incident under the excuse that she needs it as inspiration for her own writing (Meta scenes). First she uses the 2 message bottles, that she threw into the sea shortly before, or after the incident, after they were made public. Then she writes banquet. After the "roleplaying", she published it and is surprised that it became a 'best seller'. Then she wrote Alliance and End (while End was based on a witch hunter forgery). After End Tohya remembered what happened at the incident, but it was not subtle enough and Tohya's brain injury became a big problem which led to the operation, which paralyzed his legs. But because Tohya remembered the past, he also realized that Ikuko is Yasu and finally understands her. But instead of telling it to Ikuko outright, he decided to tell her by making his own forgery which he calls Dawn. As I think, neither Ikuko nor Tohya have anything to do with the creation of Requiem and Twilight. Later, to not confuse Yukari too much, they decide to hide the fact that Ikuko is Yasu."

Well I think this scenario can still be polished a lot, but this is the general direction in which I interpreted what happened after the Rokkenjima incident.