View Single Post
Old 2012-11-01, 14:35   Link #4
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Not sure why Uchida Maaya would be embarrassed - since it's a fairly known fact that she used to be an underground model and cosplayer for hire (hence why you would find those revealing bikini and Haruhi cosplay photos of her on the net). She's got a cute voice and she can act (even live action as with her role in Akibaranger) but I'm not so sure about her as a seiyuu personality yet, seems a little, for the lack of better description, Shinka-fake with her. Actually kinda makes me want to see what she's REALLY like.

On the flip side Uesaka Sumire is actually more Rikka-like in real life - she's able to do these crazy things that seems to fit her outside image of a chuuni but in fact she gets embarrassed easily - not unlike how Rikka goes in the show when she snaps out of her chuuni personality - so much so that even if someone compliments her she flutters, they even made it into a penalty game with both the listeners and staff setting traps to make her flutter, hilarious. Knowing how she really talks in real life and as a radio personality - quite timidly - it makes her portrayal of the hyper-active Dekomori all the more impressive because it must've taken a lot of courage to act so crazy, so I sense more professionalism and dedication from her in this role in general compared with the other 3 main female seiyuu in the cast.