View Single Post
Old 2004-08-08, 08:18   Link #28
souske

Send a message via MSN to souske
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with this.

One of the main reasons I really love this anime is, simply, it breaks the mould pretty good. Da Capo had a couple moments, but for the most part it was a flowery and magical sort of anime. (Catgirl, magic sakura, and the token chibi Sakuranbo)

This one is a little cruel, it's a little closer to reality. I think of it as it is, a story, and respecting it as that I think they did a great job. At the end I didn't feel any moral lessons really, but that all considered, maybe it's because throughout the show I saw myself doing the same things Takoyaki would do if I was in his shoes.

Well everybody mocks the guy, but under his circumstances, I dont' think he was terribly out of line. Anyway, I thought the story was basically like an everybody-loses but nobody really does anything wrong story. The only one I think was a pain in the ass was Akane for obvious reasons..

There were very little 'token' characters, little catering to stereotypes. Including the ending, I think it may start a trend. It's worth at least 9 pages of controversy, right?