View Single Post
Old 2010-01-01, 17:31   Link #38
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
More musical instrument scenes means less time for moeblobbing around and Azu-nyan/Mio cosplay and I don't know if K-On would have been as successful with the otaku market had they not devoted the maximum amount of time to those sorts of things. Thus I can't say whether it's reasonable or not to expect more instrument and music related scenes instead of a second season filled with more tea and cake and established moe scenario (beach/shopping/festival etc.) time. Can't help but feel that the latter would probably mean a greater potential profit in the Japanese market. Yes sadly (or perhaps realistically) I've learned to base my expectations for a large chunk of anime off of how much money I think a desired course would yield from the otaku market versus the current safe, tried and true way with moe.
Urrrgh. Depressing stuff - that was all the stuff I... tolerated in the first season, rather than liked.

I mean, aside from the Instrumentals, K-On was generic as hell. Not that I minded, but I wouldn't have watched it if the music focus wasn't there (and KyoAni hadn't done it)
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote