Thread: Licensed Ano Natsu de Matteru
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-13, 16:32   Link #210
nojay
Scanlator

Wondering

I started off thinking this series was set some time back from the present day -- things like Kaito's 8mm movie camera, his sister's retro scooter and the lack of tech present in their (admittedly) older house out in the country. Kaito's room doesn't have a pasocon (PC) on the desk as you tend to see in bedrooms in most modern animes. There was also a distinct lack of keitai (cellphones), now pretty much universal in high-school rom-coms. However I noticed a laptop computer in the staffroom scene so it's probably set in this century and the few cars we see in background shots are pretty modern too so I can't see this as being a prequel to Onegai Twincest sorry Twins, nevermind Ooooh Teacher.

My speculation/guess is that Ichika is Mizuho-sensei's Galactic Patrol replacement who, in a totally unforseeable manner managed to reenact Mizuho's arrival lo these many moons ago to the point of also killing a bystander and having to resurrect them.

Neat trick I only spotted second time around -- Ichika's glasses translating the Japanese text on the back of the shampoo bottle into space-text.