View Single Post
Old 2010-09-22, 23:38   Link #69
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
In my opinion on this chapter. It was good, but I can't wait till it is animated so maybe when can actually see more Mugetsu instead of looking at the cahpter then seeing wow Tite skipped ahead and now Mugetsu easily defeats Aizen, but now he is gone. WTF**ing heck is that. I know this is a mini arc and all, but come on don't just skip.
That could be fun. I don't know if I've ever seen such an amount of spilled ink animated...

As for this chapter, yeah, it was boring, and fairly predictable. But, it does leave some interesting options open. First off, the importance of the Spirit King was confirmed. It's not just a stepping stone on Aizen's power trip. Secondly, not only is Ichigo's unbalanced power level nerfed back to nothing (temporarily, of course), but Aizen also appears to have been nerfed back to at least pre-Hougyoku levels. Yes, not only is Bitch-Curl Aizen only a ham-handed plot twist away from returning, but now everyone's power levels are within a manageable level of comparability (figuring in the development the remaining Gotei 13 characters got since the SS Arc), and Ichigo can be slotted in wherever the plot finds him most comfortable. This was actually fairly subtly done, at least for Kubo. Third, this gives us an opportunity to follow the other characters in the series without Ichigo or Aizen hijacking the story as usual...at least for a little while.

But then I remembered who is writing this manga, so now I fully expect all three of those points to be turned on their ears in the most depressing way possible. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Or maybe we'll get lucky and the CIA will surreptitiously replace Tite Kubo with Hiromu Arakawa. She isn't doing anything important right now, is she? Come on, CIA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enishi316 View Post
I kinda find this chapter very disappointing. I was hoping for a final fight that would rival Ichigo VS Byakuya, Grimmjow and Ulquiorra. What was the point of Ichigo and Aizen getting all supped up just so we can see the fight end in one slash.
That's because the fight isn't over. It'll be picked back up later. Give it time...